Tuesday, October 26, 2010

As it turns out, Walt IS the bully everyone says he is.

I just came back from a friend of mines house who (unfortunately for him) lives real close to Walts little cul-de-sac, to help him look at his roof that has showed signs of leaking from the recent rains. When I pulled up I saw a 'Stanks-a-bit' sign planted squarely in his front yard. I have never heard him say anything at all nice about ole 'Stanky', in fact it was this friend that actually coined the term 'Stanks-a-bit' (!) so I couldn't help but ask about it. After the response of "dont ask" and subsequent rolling of the eyes he finally coughed up that Walt didn't as much ask to put the sign he TOLD my friend about it! When my friend opened his front door to see who had knocked the conversation went something like; "Hey, how ya doing. Listen I went ahead and put a sign in your yard for ya. Thanks" and he walked away. I asked why doesn't he just throw it away and my friend responded by saying that I don't have to live in the neighborhood with the guy, I have never heard the guys yelling from around the corner and my friend doesn't want to come home one day and find the family dog strung up by his hind legs on the front porch butchered up all nice and cleanly. "Besides", said my friend, "you really think I'm gonna vote for that moron? Let him have his little victory with the signs, what really worries me is that he will still have two years left to cause problems for us all when he loses and believe me the guy holds a grudge! As long as he thinks I supported him hopefully he wont be aiming any if that anger in this direction!" I asked him who is is actually going to vote for, it wasn't the person I am voting for so we ended up having a nice little talk about our points of view, like its supposed to happen. A pleasant exchange of different points of view, wow, it can actually happen without negative accusation or implication! We talked for a few then climbed a latter to look at the roof, we will vote differently but we are still good friends, imagine that!

The problem with folks like 'Stanks-a-bit' AND those horrid Cyber Bullies at the Grandpa Terrorist organization is that if you don't simply agree with their views without question you become the enemy and as such open your self to persecution and ridicule. That's wrong, this country was founded on opposing ideas by a group of men that understood that constant agreement led to stagnation and growth only comes through debate, not one sided demanding. I got home and, like many others checked to see who the latest victim would be of the venomous hate filled rantings of the folks at Grandpa Terrorist and read a reprint of an article from the Press Enterprise about the election and our candidates. For once I think the Grandpa Terrorists got something right by highlighting the following closing statements, "Stanckiewitz said he wants to be mayor so that he will have an easier time placing issues on the agenda for council meetings. "Not being the mayor, one of my frustrations is that things I would like to get on the agenda don't get on the agenda," he said."
Yes folks the ONLY reason Walt wants to be Mayor is so he will get heard, it frustrates him when he isn't the center of attention and nobody listens to him! "No body wants to do it my way? Fine, I become the Mayor and then you'll all have to listen to me, YOU'LL HAVE TO!" Yup, a bully by any other name... I'm just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment