Saturday, October 2, 2010

Civil Obedience as Sport

My new favorite pastime, the old one was wondering how in the hell Walt thought he would make a good Mayor, has been to spend 30-45 minutes each weekday driving back and forth on Barton Rd through town starting at around 4:45 pm. This in itself doesnt sound like much fun until one factors in the idea that I drive at exactly the Speed Limit! Still not seeing the joy? You should try it then, drive from the base of the hill up to Mt. Vernon at 45 mph and have fun watching the looks you get, hearing the horn honks and see the counting the middle fingers! I am up to 12 birdies in just the last two weeks! It is flat out amazing how people are absolutely convinced that speeding through our little town will get them home faster. Why is the safety of our residents some how secondary to their need for an evening beer, or catching the game? If it was up to me I would have speed bumps every 10 feet all the way through Grand Terrace, since its not I will continue having my fun with these dumb ass drivers! Speeding through GT? That my friends, like Walts politics, "Stanks-a-bit"!

No comments:

Post a Comment